Tuesday 6 November 2012

Pork Leg in Black Vinegar




How do you make this ........

into this?

Yet again, this is another "short cut" method of cooking. (Refer to my previous post on the Fish Curry). When I first learnt how to cook this dish, I had to mix the vinegar sauce myself and many times, it comes out missing some flavour!

Recently, a friend of mine recommended this "mix" and so I tried it out. 




Wow! Not bad at all! All I had to do was add in ginger slices (I fried it first in some sesame oil) and some gula melaka (depends on how sweet you want it to be).



Simmer until the meat becomes tender (it took more than 2 hours for a 3 kg leg).

Okay, so it is easy to prepare this BUT it takes time and if time is what you do not have, then...

You could use the crockpot (slow cooker) ... I tried that before... it still works, but put in less water!

No comments:

Post a Comment