Saturday 20 October 2012

Every now and then, I get a day like today when I can consider cooking truly as a hobby, rather than a necessity!

It becomes an even happier day, when the food turns out better than expected!

Since I had almost all the ingredients required, going to the wet market this morning was a quick trip.  On my way out, I spied ingredients available (yam, sweet potatoes that were orange-coloured, yellow-coloured and purple coloured) for "Bubor Cha-Cha", and since I had some nicely ripen Pisang Raja... "PENGAT" came into mind.


If the banana is not ripe enough, it would make your dessert sourish.  The more discoloured the skin is, the sweeter the Pisang Raja is.

Having bought Petai (again!) from the Orang Asli along the highway just a few days ago (well, I did say before that I just love Petai!), I had planned to prepare a SAMBAL IKAN BILIS WITH PETAI.



At the same time, I had promised someone that I would make her a meatloaf (with pork and chicken; doesn't take beef) this weekend, and so I did - a POTATO-COATED MEATLOAF.

There were enough leftover potatoes to make a POTATO SALAD.



Before my stash of red chillies become spoilt, I decided to make a SAMBAL BELACHAN.  It is good to have this handy.  It compliments Fried Noodles, you can have "Ulam" (local salad) with it and it also tastes delicious, fried with "kangkong" (water convolvus) etc etc.  Really a "must-have" in your refrigerator.


No comments:

Post a Comment