Thursday 11 October 2012

Nyonya Acar Timun

 
Many, many years ago, I used to drive all the way across Penang Island to the Pulau Tikus market for this Acar Timun dish, prepared and sold by this elderly couple.
 
More than 2 decades have passed and (sadly), the uncle and auntie are no longer there.
 
I have asked numerous friends and relatives for this recipe but none of them knew how to make it.
 
So imagine my surprise and pleasure when I came across a Nyonya Cookbook (written by an authentic Nyonya cook) with a recipe of Acar Timun (exactly the kind I was looking for) in it!
 
I was at a flea market, just strolling and browsing at what was being sold by the traders, when I spied the book.
 
I grabbed it before anyone else could take it and quickly paid for my purchase.
 
My first attempt at making this Acar Timun turned out rather well (I gave to relatives and friends to test it).
 
At last, my search for Acar Timun is over!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment